The OSEPP IR Proximity Sensor Module measures distances. It utilizes the Sharp GP2Y0D805Z0F measuring sensor unit which is composed of an integrated combination of photo diode, infrared emitting diode and a signal processor. The digital value from the proximity sensor is read out on the I²C bus.
The module uses the I²C interface for data communication. The I²C lines are packaged with the power and ground lines into a modular connector, which allows easy plug and play operation. There are two
connectors on the module to enable daisy chaining of multiple I²C devices together.
This sensor module is ideal for designs that need to detect objects within a certain range or designs that need to avoid obstacles. It can also be used as a touchless switch.
- Plug and play with OSEPP I²C Expansion Shield
- Detection range of 0.5 – 5.0 cm
- Supports I²C interfacing with 4 programmable 7-bit address (0x20, 0x22, 0x24, 0x26) to allow up to 4 OSEPP IR Proximity Sensor module to exist on the same I²C bus
- Provides pass-through connector to support daisy chaining of multiple sensors from the OSEPP Sensor Module family
- Provides 0.1” breakout points for power and I²C interface pins access
|I²C Addresses (7-bit)||0x20, 0x22, 0x24, 0x26|
|Form Factor||23 mm x 36 mm|
|Power Consumption||475 mW|
|Connector Pin Definition||Pin 1: Power
Pin 2: I²C Data
Pin 3: Ground
Pin 4: I²C Clock
|OSEPP™ IR Proximity Sensor Module Schematic (PDF)|
|Stock Code||Product Name|
|PROX-01||OSEPP™ IR Proximity Sensor Module|