The OSEPP Compass Sensor Module is a 3-axis digital compass for low-field magnetic sensing. It utilizes the Honeywell HMC5883L state-of-the-art high resolution magneto-resistive sensors, an ASIC containing amplification, automatic degaussing strap drivers, offset cancellation, and a 12-bit ADC that enables a compass heading accuracy to within 1-2 degrees.
The module uses the I²C interface for data communication. The I²C lines are packaged with the power and ground lines into a modular connector, which allows easy plug and play operation. There are two
connectors on the module to enable daisy chaining of multiple I²C devices together.
The OSEPP Compass Sensor Module is ideal for applications that require the measurement of both the direction and the magnitude of Earth’s magnetic field, from milligauss to 8 gauss.
- Plug and play with OSEPP I²C Expansion Shield
- 12-Bit ADC with 2 milligauss field resolution in +/- 8 gauss field to enable 1-2 degree compass heading accuracy
- Fast 160 Hz maximum output rate
- Low power consumption
- Supports I²C interfacing with 7-bit address of 0x1E
- Provides pass-through connector to support daisy chaining of multiple sensors from the OSEPP Sensor Module family
- Provides 0.1” breakout points for power and I²C interface pins access
|I²C Addresses (7-bit)||0x1E|
|Form Factor||23 mm x 36 mm|
|Power Consumption||0.5 mW|
|Connector Pin Definition||Pin 1: Power
Pin 2: I²C Data
Pin 3: Ground
Pin 4: I²C Clock
|OSEPP™ Compass Sensor Module Schematic (PDF)|
|Honeywell HMC5883L 3-Axis Digital Compass IC Data Sheet (PDF)|
|You can download the library from Github here.|
|Stock Code||Product Name|
|COMP-01||OSEPP™ Compass Sensor Module|